Friday, August 1, 2008

The Productivity of Boredom

There's a certain inelegance when one comes face to face with the grim reality of how mundane one's life actually is. While this does not necessarily stand true for everybody (or in fact I'm willing believe, most people), for those whom this predicament is applicable to, I feel your pain.

The scenario is as such: I have another 15 to 16 days before I leave, a fact that squashes any possibility of seeking part-time formal employment to complete non-existence. I'm currently gaining additional income from the source that already supplies my usual income (i.e. my folks) by doing a steady flow of odd jobs, which include but are not limited to: mild accounting, deliveries, house-cleaning, car-washing, agreement-signing, and cooking. I'm usually alone in the condo, what with my dad with his now very hectic work-flow and my self-employed (read: professional housewife and occasional stock-broker) mother somehow having a social life more vibrant and exciting than mine. Most of my acquaintances and hombres are either currently studying overseas, working their own part-time jobs, enjoying their lack of activities more than I do, or dead.

It's a problem, I suspect, that is a derivative of another problem: when it comes to extended periods of vacation and leisure time, I am both confused, unmotivated and compulsive. In other words: I don't know what the hell I want, but I want to do it, but heck, I'll do it later. A trait not altogether beneficial to the institution of the greater good.

I have seen this problem and have grown accustomed to it; and as a direct reaction to overcome such adversity, I have in the past few days embarked on a remarkably pointless task of creating something..... well, something.

The corner of my room is now home to a semi-gigantic tower of empty tin cans (inclusive of soft drink cans, soup cans, cans of beans, etc etc), shaped in the spirit of our very own Petronas twin towers.

You have no idea how proud I am. If only I had a working digital camera, I could share this glory with the world. For now, it shall stand in secret until finally someone notices, and I'm forced to take it down.

:(

(Currently listening to:- "So They Say" from Dr. Horrible's Sing a long Blog)

No comments: