Sunday, August 17, 2008

Off to Connecticut!

Right. So I haven't updated in AAAAAGGEEESSS. I blame the lack of motivation, really. It's like when you wake up particularly late one day like at 12 pm or 1 pm or something; the condition you're in is dramatically different from when you wake up in a decent hour like 6 or 7 or 8 in the morning. You're head is fuzzy, it hurts when you move, you just don't want to get up, you just don't want to acknowledge the existence of the world, you just want to make sweet love with your pillow and make little pillow babies.

...okay, I fucked that analogy up way before it was even written. But that's not for me to displace the fact that yes, it feels so good when you wake up early in the morning regardless of the time you went to sleep the night before, even though the good feeling only lasts like what 10 minutes. It still feels good. And that's the point.

But I digress. Anyway, don't worry folks, the updates are gonna get even more scarce from now on! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

So yes ladies and gentlemen I'm finally getting my ass off this rock and into university, where I can finally get my life in motion. I hate saying terms like that: "My life..." so and so and "...oh that's life and coconuts have children...". Truth be as it is, my life's not as hugely important as, say, Brad Pitt's or the son of the Duchess of Wales or something. And surely I've only been on this Earth 19 years and a little more, so granted whatever I know of life is completely miniscule compared to the true complexity of it, the true grandeur and scale of it, and so I have no real right in saying anything about life as I know it because hell, I don't really know it. By simply uttering such a statement as "I'm just trying to get my life going" is purely pretentious and it just shows how idiotic I am. But then again, I am idiotic, so...

"Oh, I just can't get wait to get my life going~~~~~"

Ugh. I repulse my own self. This is impossible. ANYWAY!

the beans love you, and so do i.

___________________________________________________________________

Okay, I've waited an hour and the alcohol's wore off. My friends and compatriots and hopefully lack of immediate family members giving patron to this blog, I write you here today as an excited and terribly nervous person. Excited, simply because I'm finally heading off to the states, and nervous, simply because I'm terrified of flying. Don't ask me why, I just hate it. But I do love that strange feeling you get when you stare out the little peephole as you wait for the toilet and you see the clouds and sky below you. You see the expansive land that stretches on from here to forever, and you dream just a little bit how life my be like for one of the blokes down there. And then you get the strange understanding of how small you really are in this big, big world... but I digress.

Anyway, there's actually very little point to me writing a "oh, I want to thank so and so and so" like an awards speech, purely because everybody's already gone to other places, so I'm just going to say a mighty fine

SEE YA SOON, BITCHES!

line to compensate. I'll send wishes from Wesleyan! (Woo!)

PS: I just finished watching Malaysia get raped in the gold medal match for badminton. I swear, it's almost a picture perfect encapsulation of what we normally do: "Oh! We're almost there! There we go, there we go, a little more, a little more.... oo, it's a little hot. Let's turn back."

I swear. If I ever became PM or the Education Minister or something, I'll reform the school system to produce not a society of people who take the easy or safe way out, but a society of DAREDEVILS. HEROES. RECKLESS ABADDONS. SHOOTERS OF THE STARS. And also, chefs. Because we need the food.

SEE YA SOON, BITCHES!

(Currently listening to:- "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers)

2 comments:

Jeremy Chang said...

wohohoho. i have a blog already la. like finally. haha. www.jeremychangweiyang.blogspot.com

Lilian Wale said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824